Say Goodbye to Pests!
As a homeowner, is your New Year’s resolution to keep your home pest-free this year? It should be! Here are some simple tips to helping keep pests out of your home this year:
- Prevent moisture problems by repairing any leaky pipes and fixtures.
- Keep gutters clear and in proper working order.
- Trim tree limbs to keep them away from your roofline.
- Make sure your window and door screens, gable vents and foundation vents fit properly and are in good condition.
- Seal all cracks in and around windows, doors and where plumbing and utility lines enter the house.
- Do not use an excessive amount of mulch or pine straw around your foundation.
- Trim bushes to keep them away from the foundation.
- Use yellow-colored bulbs for your porch and other outdoor lighting.
- Enclose all trash in secure plastic bags or bins.
- Treat your pets regularly for fleas and ticks.
While these tips can help in preventing pests from getting into your home, it is still best to have professionals like Terminix Services, Inc. look over your home to make sure that it stays pest-free for as long as possible. Click the link here to sign up for your FREE home inspection today and get 2017 started off on the right foot!