Hello, I have recently seen 3 centipedes in my house in a short period of time. Does your services eliminate centipedes? Also, I’m 5 months pregnant and have a dog. Are your services pet and pregnancy safe? My house is 1400 square feet, what is the average price for that size home? Do u have any suggestions on how to get rid of centipedes, they gross me out! Thanks.
Centipedes are like spiders, they are predacious on insects and other arthropods and will wander inside in search of prey. Our regular pest control service does include centipedes. This is done by helping to control their food source. The products we use are all registered with EPA and are applied according to the label directions. We choose products that are the least toxic and the most effective at eliminating pests. Many of our customers have pets and children and we certainly do not want to apply anything that will harm them so we make sure to take all the precautions necessary to minimize their exposure. The price of pest control varies by region and is based upon the results of an initial pest inspection. Just call 1-800-Terminix to schedule a free pest inspection and treatment estimate. A trained pest professional will inspect your home and property and discuss treatment options.
Here are some tips to help reduce the number of pests, such as centipedes, around your home:
- Eliminate clutter inside and around the foundation of your home.
- Reduce the amount of moisture around your home, such as standing water next to the foundation, clogged gutters, a damp crawlspace or basement, etc.
- Keep bushes and tree limbs trimmed away from the house.
- Make sure areas around windows, doors, vents, and other entryways are caulked and sealed.
- Do not use excessive amounts of mulch or pine straw around the foundation of the home.
The Terminix pest professional may also discuss other areas that may need to be addressed during the investigation.